Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Random thoughts from long ago

He steps to me with his best lines, in his best attire on payday.
My response to his practiced seduction left him stranded in deep thought.
A space as alien to him as honest sincerity in an opening phrase is to me.

I said: My heart has a sign upon it. It reads: Everyone who comes through these doors brings happiness. Some by coming, others by leaving. I think you might be the latter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She steps to me with sinister advice and ulterior motives disguised in good intentions. My response to her calculating manipulations left her in self reflection. A space she rarely visits as it's far more entertaining to poke fun at others than to address her own shortcomings.

I said: We create an image of others based on what we believe they are. You are the way you are because that it what you believe about yourself. Neither of these are absolutes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He offers me an ear without opinions, judgments or preconceived notions. He listens to my desires and fears and accepts them for what they are. He reminds me of my worth and sends me on my way. He is a true friend, not void of attraction or fantasies, just honorable enough not to act on them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I back away from confrontational situations. Not afraid of my anger as some may assume. Simply aware that my strength doesn't reside in the ability to maim, to kill but in my preference not to. Knowing that, I understand, if for you, that is a bit intimidating.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maturity is not having the courage to speak your mind, but knowing when not to.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Courage isn't the lack of fear but the acknowledgment of it and the determination to push through it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Love is not constant, unending devotion. It is identity, metamorphosis and evolution.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



...Sometimes, old writing paints a clearer of picture of who you were than old photographs will ever capture.. SMH...ah, the arrogance of youth, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment